Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why do we dream?

Dear mystery man,

       What we dream is based off of many events and memories of the day that are spliced together to form what we call a dream. We dream because we would be bored stiff while we sleep if we didn't. Try standing in a refrigerator box for eight hours and tell me how fun that is. Besides Joe Carpenter and Hannah Brand most of us would go crazy. But stand in a refrigerator box with a video device that switches movies every thirty seconds and you're in business.
       Another reason why we dream is because it shows us what life would be like if we were in charge of the universe. My universe would be filled with headless kittens and my mother would be Richard Simons, I guess. Our dreams are a sobering reminder that the world would NOT be a better place if we were God.
        Another reason why we dream is so we can wake up thinking we fell off a large building and survived, or that we are capable of itching our brain via index finger through ear cavity. One time, in this crazy dream that I had... yeah, I kissed this girl and she turned out to be a dude. I woke up sweating and dumped Jessica Alba that day. In another dream, my friend whaled on me with a baseball bat. The next day he called me, in real life, to hangout. I was still mad at him from beating me up in my dream so I hung up on him.
        My dream-sharing brings up a point. NO ONE REALLY CARES. Have you ever really enjoyed listening to someone talk about something that never happened and that will never affect you in any way? I hate it when one person shares a dream which brings up another dream which gets the girl behind you to share her dream until everyone is sharing their dreams and no one thinks the other dreams are remotely interesting except for their dreams and subconsciously everyone is aggravated at everybody else for not really caring about their dreams but we all know that nobody cares about each other's dreams but still continue sharing our dreams. And it starts to turn into this 1-UP program where everyone else is tries to out-due the other with interesting dreams and you feel left out so you start making stuff up to fit in but nobody cares and you know it and everyone else knows that you don't really care either. But let's be honest; whatever crazy dreams you think you had its nothing compared to the crazy dreams I've had, so shut it! It's true, this one dream I had I hit this kid in the head with a toaster and I turned it on while it was on his head and it popped and his head was the shape of two toast-shaped prongs and I used him as a fork to stab George Washington in the bum to get him to chop his cherry tree down. It was crazy! And there were elves everywhere! And I had two thumbs on each hand, one on the inside and one on the outside... yeah.
         It's funny because when I told my brother James what I was writing about he started talking about dreams; not his dreams but his friend’s dreams. This lasted about ten minutes. Maybe I'm just a miser but please share your thoughts with me about dreams. Not of dreams but about dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment